“If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.” – Rudyard Kipling
Stories told in classrooms make teacher likeable and learning fun. The workshop, designed especially for pre-primary and primary teachers, will help them to leverage stories in classrooms, establish connect with children and make learning enjoyable.
- Why stories should be told in classrooms
- Where to find stories
- How to tell stories: body language, voice modulation, props and how to include elements of interaction and repetition to make it engaging.
We forget what we mug up but remember stories. Concepts taught through stories can make subjects likeable, memorable and easy.Our Storytelling workshop for teachers and educators helps schools and teacher-training institutions to discover storytelling as an important educational tool and unlock the power of stories in classroom.
Teaching with Stories:
- Importance of storytelling
- Teaching subjects using stories: Language, Math, Science, Life skills
- Creating your own bank of stories
- Delivering a story well: body language, voice modulation, props
Stories make the conversation on difficult topic of Sexuality education easier and two-way with adolescents. Our storytelling training helps teachers, counsellors and anyone who works with adolescents to storify Sexuality education.
- Body Image, Relationships, Sexuality, Gender roles, Social Media
- How to develop a story-based curriculum
- Use of case studies, videos, activities and narrative
Sanjay Suar, Principal, KIIT, Bhubaneswar
“Your inspiration and motivation will remain in each teacher’s heart to formulate or prepare several stories linked with curriculum to make learning easier for the children. We would like to have more sessions with you in KIIT.”
Vignesh Kumar, Teach For India
“Thank you so much for doing this fantastic session for us. I was completely glued and loved every bit of it. It was such an eye opener getting to know more about the art of storytelling and how the same can be applied in the classroom.”
Aruna Jose, Brookfield High
“Actually we tell stories every week, and all teachers come together and act out story with props for kids…all because you were able to convince us that stories are very important. Infact we do not introduce a new topic without a story. All thanks to you. So just wanted to thank you…from all teachers of Brookfield High.”